Oct 1, 2014

Try, Try, Again

Remember the other day when I posted about a new shawl that I cast on over the weekend? The Nangou pattern is one I've admired for a while now, and I was excited to get it on the needles.  I already frogged it once because I wasn't very good about keeping track of my increases, but after almost getting to the end of the first section last night, I realized that I didn't like the fabric that was knitting up.  I was working with Cascade Heritage which is a really nice yarn, but I found that my garter stitch looked more messy than squishy. Hurumph!



So, like all good knitters, I went through my stash again and remembered how much I like Lion Brand's Superwash Merino especially in garter stitch.  It's a DK weight so I went up a needle size (US7, if you're interested), and I'm now humming along.  As the shawl is growing, I'm loving the edges that are developing.  It's got me thinking about how important edges are which I'll save for another post.  



I'm not sure what contrast color I'm going to add when I get to section B but my bento bag is sort of inspiring me.  Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. This is shaping up beautifully! And remember, when in doubt ... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking beautiful - I agree the squish factor is perfect. Interested to hear what you have to say about edges ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a nice red/orange would be perfect as a contrast color. I'm glad you found a yarn you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, if it isn't perfect, start fresh! Loving the new yarn choice, very soft and squishy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you chose well this second time!! I love seeing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete