Feb 13, 2014

Blues

I'm not complaining (well, perhaps just a little), but we've got another snow day over here in the Northeast, and I can hardly believe the size of the snowflakes rushing past my window, and it's c-o-l-d out there.  But, in here, I've got my cup of coffee, music playing, and this ....


Remember when I treated myself to this gorgeous skein of Biscotte & Cie Felix during my detour to VK Live NYC?  It's been calling to me from my stash ever since I bought it home and with these endless days of 20 degree temperatures and snow-covered streets, a pair of colorful socks is the perfect project to lift my weary spirits.


I think there's no denying that Felix is a delightful self-striping sock yarn ~ I'm just not sure I'll really be able to hide these beauties in my shoes!  The pattern I'm knitting will have me try my first-ever afterthought heel, and I'm pretty excited to give this a go.  Being a toe-up gal, I usually knit a sweet tomato or no fuss, no muss heel, but I felt like giving myself a little challenge so with this snow day, I'm going to learn something new. Yeah, that's what snow days should be for! 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarn and I love the pattern! I've never tried socks but these make me what to give them a go. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that yarn gets more pretty as the sock grows. i can't wait to see the heel - afterthought heels will be an awesome finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the texture the slipped stitches give to the stripes too. (Those are slipped stitches, right?)

    We warmed up to 33 this morning, and it felt so warm, I was out with no hat and my coat half open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous gorgeous socks! The stripes compliment that pattern so well. We had a couple snow days last week and it sure helped with my knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hoing to be a WOW! Pair of sox, gal!
    Learning a new technique is always high on the list
    This HAS BEEN a winter, hasn't it?

    Stay warm,
    Hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had snow days. Love that yarn. I added it to my STITCHES wish list tho look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful color combo! I've never tried an afterthought heel, but I read about them so often. Hope your weekend is just as warm, cozy, and crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am quite jealous of all your snow! We haven't had a good snowfall in Wisconsin for some time.

    I agree that a colorful sock is the perfect project for a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm unfamiliar with that yarn. What a great self-striping effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look lovely! I'd be putting them into waterproof boots here as we don't have snow, just endless rain ... want to swop weather ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely colourway. No wonder they've been calling to you. I hope you enjoyed your learning and snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sock is looking wonderful. Gorgeous colors! We had a snow day yesterday. So looking forward to the end of winter and getting back into the rhythm of a normal schedule. Have fun learning the afterthought heel.

    ReplyDelete